How Do I Apply?
Click here to apply. Please, be aware that incomplete application packages will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
When will results be announced?
The selection committee will begin reviewing student applications in July and results will be emailed to all applicants until July 30th, 2018.
What is a Letter of Recommendation?
It is a letter of reference (written on the referee’s letterhead) from a person who knows you well and can explain why you are a qualified applicant for the school. All applicants must submit at least one letter from an academic advisor or a professional with whom you have worked. To give your referees ample time to reply, you should request these letters as soon as you decide to apply.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To participate in the Advanced School on WEF Nexus, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Graduate student, PhD Candidate or Young Researcher with a research interest in the related fields of water-energy-food nexus.
- Must demonstrate research potential throughout his/her career.
- Have proof of English proficiency.
- Have a valid international passport with Brazilian visa if necessary by the travel date.
Preference will be given to gender equality among participants. We encourage young women researchers and graduate students to apply.
Do I need a Brazilian visa to submit an application?
No, you do not need a Brazilian visa to apply for the school. If you are selected as a participant, we will provide all the necessary documentation to assist in your visa application, including a letter of acceptance and a letter describing our financial support. Selected participants will be responsible for any application costs associated with obtaining a Brazilian visa.
For more information about the Brazilian visa, visit the Brazilian Consulate Portal.
What is the cost of attending the school?
The Advanced School on WEF Nexus is entirely funded by FAPESP. Selected participants will receive a scholarship which includes international or national airfare, accommodation and event-related expenses. Costs regarding the Brazilian visa, passport and personal expenses will not be covered by FAPESP.
How do I verify my English proficiency?
You have to include in your application package one of the following options:
- A recognisable certificate of English Proficiency (e.g., IELTS, Cambridge, TOEFL), or;
- Our English Language Certificate form (download the file here) filled by an academic referee fluently in English or by an English language institute. If your referee belongs to a non-English University or Institute, he or she has to specify in the remarks that the course was English-Taught.
What are the dates of the Advanced School on WEF Nexus?
The school opening ceremony will be on Monday, October 15th bringing academics and researchers from around the globe to Campinas, Brazil. From Oct 16th to Oct 25th, participants will join a total of lectures and technical visits across Campinas and surrounding cities. The closing ceremony will be held on Friday, October 26th. We advise participants to arrive in Brazil at least one day earlier than the start day.
ALL FELLOWS MUST ATTEND THE ENTIRE PROGRAM. No selected participants will be allowed to arrive after the opening ceremony or to leave before the closing ceremony.
Have a question that was not answered here? Click here to send us an email.